Health in Disasters Conference
May 10, 2010
Avalias is proud to support the Health in Disasters Conference, run by Queensland Health.
This conference builds on the 1st National Psychosocial Response and Recovery Conference run by Queensland Health in November 2007 and the 2nd Australasian Mental Health and Psychosocial Disasters Conference also run by Queensland Health and Australian Homeland Security Research Centre in October 2008.
The 2011 Conference program will expand on the previous conferences.
Three workshops are available on:
- Trauma focussed interventions
- Disaster Connect - Concepts and Principles of Psychological First Aid
- Addressing Child and Youth Issues
Two day conference focusing on:
- Australians deployed overseas in war and disaster relief
- Observations from Australian natural disasters
- Coordination of regional human – social disaster activities
- Disaster insurance assessment
- Integrating Health into policy, plan, operations
- Trauma Informed Care Rural and Remote Challenges
- Disaster Resilience and Adversity
- Special Needs Groups
- Continuum of care
- Employee assistance
- Challenges for Aged Care
For more information, see http://www.disasters-psychosocial.org.au